1872 : Establishment of Pianos KLEBER by Jean-Baptiste Kleber (1844-1918), initially the owner of a piano manufacturing workshop in Paris, on Rue du Faubourg Saint-Antoine. Kleber married a woman from Luxembourg; they settled in Buschrodt, then in Sanem, and finally in Luxembourg City. There, he opened his first shop on Rue des Capucins. Later on, he moved to what is currently known as Boulevard Roosevelt, where his shop became extremely successful, offering the Luxembourgian public a wide range of instruments and sheet music of all types. Jean Kleber, son of Jean-Baptiste, then took over his father’s business. Meanwhile, another move brought the Klebers to Boulevard de la Pétrusse.
1920 : A new house was built on Rue Goethe. This is the address where the Kleber Company is located today, at number 20.
1937 : Emile Kleber (1911-1986), son of Jean, took over the Company’s management. He had learned the trade with Pleyel, the famous manufacturer, in Paris. Emile Kleber married Germaine Linden in 1935; he and his wife consolidated the Company’s reputation. Piano manufacturing was dropped at the beginning of World War II. In the 1960s, the Kleber Company took over the Hülsemann music shop.
1978 : The Grand Duke of Luxembourg awarded Pianos KLEBER with the title of ‘Royal Supplier’ ("Fournisseur de la Cour").